Friday, June 20, 2008

2008-06-19

Mick and I awoke to another beautiful day, the temperatures just kissing 80 F and sweet, gentle breezes stirring the blooming roses and wisteria. Our trumpet vine is coming into bloom too, which always makes me wish we could marry a couple under them, in the arbor. Mike K wanted to get married there, 12 years ago now, but his bride decided she wanted to be married in church instead, so we’ve never yet married anyone surrounded by the lovely orange blossoms.

After Morning Offering Mick bade me farewell until bath time and drove off with a trailer full of mowers to do his work. I worked on the final read-through of 101 until 3:00 or so and then eased up, took a break and downshifted into editing Channeling Circle 3, a session from the make-up weekend we had in early May for those four people who had wanted to make CI-1 but could not.

It was a very interesting session, demonstrating just how effective a technique it is to tell a story when training new channels. As these channels develop and mature, I think this Channeling Circle series of sessions will be fun to follow.

I continue to be quite out of breath when moving around, and while I recover and regain my focus after moving about, I have continued to rework recipes in our recipes database. So far I have reworked the chicken, turkey, fish, white potato, rice, pasta, artichoke, asparagus, beans (not green), beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, corn and eggplant recipes. As you can see I am working with the vegetables in the same order as the database has them – alphabetically. I am currently in the midst of reworking our 33 green bean recipes.

I imagine it will take me a couple of years to rework the whole database, but by virtue of starting with the recipes we use the most, I can already see a significant difference in the quality and usefulness of the database. It feels great to find a way to make my down-time productive. I can no longer cook. Physical exertion of any kind makes me quite ill now. But I have a vivid imagination, and as I rework a recipe I am playing with the herbs, spices and ingredients and making something wonderful to eat, all in my head. It is recreation for me.

Gary and I had a powwow late in the afternoon. We got some details worked out concerning the L/L Research Gathering in Williamsburg, Virginia in October. William Henry, with whom I enjoyed working at Mackinac Island last year, will be on board again and possibly George Green, whose Handbook for the New Paradigm series I very much like, perhaps will join us also. I shall not have to work as hard as I thought, since we’ll have other speakers.

I asked Gary to get Mick set with an updated supply of our sessions for the last three years, so that Mick can select the session we feature in our next issue of Light/Lines, our quarterly newsletter. He is going on vacation for a week starting tomorrow afternoon and I wanted to get that project going before he left. Gary ended his work day by finishing his part of the work on the latest issue of Gatherings Newsletter and sending that out.

I am happy to report that the Gatherings Newsletter now has an official existence in the Bowker Periodical listings. So does Lorena’s LOOP (Law-of-One-Prisoners) Newsletter. Now L/L Research has three periodicals to offer various of its readers. That feels good. The ability of our group to be of service to others has gradually expanded through the years. May it continue to do so!

Gary offered the closing prayer at the Gaia Meditation tonight.