Monday, November 26, 2007

2007-11-25

As blustery winds and gray skies greeted us, Mick and I had a lovely, quiet Sunday morning. Geri and Leonard G, who are visiting in order to get the lay of the land here in Louisville, joined us to read the paper, converse and pat the kitties until 11:00, when The G’s took Romi and me for a delightful lunch at the Captain’s Quarters restaurant.

This was the prelude to an afternoon of touring this northeast part of the county where Mick, Gary and I live. They are looking for a condominium, as they are at the age where they would prefer not to do yard work any more.

Romi drove and I was tour guide. We found at least half a dozen communities with patio homes around here and suspect there are more tucked away in the burgeoning country roads of this part of the county. Construction is everywhere! And these patio home communities are very popular indeed. I imagine that by the time the G’s sell their present abode and hunt for real here in Louisville next spring, they will have a very nice selection of homes from which to choose.

It was good to help them out and Romi and I enjoyed the drive as the last of the leaves were falling.

When we returned, after some conversation the G’s took a nap, Romi departed and Jim and I watched “The Life and Hard Times of Guy Terrifico”. This was a hilarious send-up on the order of “This Is Spinal Tap”, only the spoofing was of country music. I suspect the hand of Kris Kristofferson behind this screenplay although Michael Mabbott gets the credit.

Especially good was Matt Murphy (and I am wondering if he is the son of Matt “The Guitar” Murphy who graced “The Blues Brothers”) as Guy, the bad boy and anti-hero of the film. Mick and I roared frequently throughout the festivities! It was a funny, funny film. Gotta love a film in which so many good stories are stolen from real life and tucked into the in-jokes of a bunch of country singers like Kristofferson, Merle Haggard, Ronny Hawkins, Levon Helm and Phil Kaufman.

I offered the closing prayer at the Gaia Meditation tonight.