Thursday, October 04, 2007

2007-10-03

As the weather heated up again, Mick went to work after Morning Offering to mow and garden while I came upstairs to work on editing the Homecoming channeling meditation. I got all but three pages of that done. Tomorrow will see it finished. It is mostly on channeling, and is an interesting session.

Aaron T sent me a couple of paragraphs from one of my letter tapes which were loaded with musical terms she did not know and I unscrambled them for her. The simile they were in was interesting, and it makes me glad that she is doing this long and hard labor of love. She is on her last batch of the 150 or so letter tapes that I sent out while I was unable to sit up or use my arms, back in the late ‘80s.

I was talking to someone about figuring out what issues were important in his life and who he fundamentally was. The simile was to a musical piece called a fugue, which has a couple of melodies going at the same time, plus a repeating melody in the bass line. The repeating bass line is the underlying essence of who one is, and the two melodies in the fugue are the important issues. It is a handy way to think about the self in a way which shows that it is important to remain harmonious and address issues in a way which is compatible with who you really are.

Kudos to you, Aaron and Joan T, dear sisters of my heart. These two have single-handedly knocked out the whole archive of these letter tapes in the last couple of years and I am so glad to have them up on our archive web site for use as a resource by seekers.

I also collected a delectable-looking recipe for black beans and squash and sent that off to Gary to place in our recipes database.

Mick was able to share lunch with me today, always a treat. I get such a buzz from his company! We did our stretching routine after lunch. Then Mick was off for one last job of mowing and then clearing away a wild area for a customer while I did a bit of office work. I ordered a couple of books on dyeing for Melissa as well as the 2008 Farmer’s Almanac, using up a gift card from Amazon.com. Those are the handiest things to get, because Amazon is like Alice’s Restaurant – you can get anything that you want!

The books on dyeing are to use as we determine what natural dyes can be made from plants native to Avalon. Our vision of the future there includes having llamas and perhaps other kinds of goats as well and shearing their wool. it seems as though a fully bio-dynamic wool, dyed in local dyes, would be a good product.

The Almanac is for use as we make a modest start on gardening at Avalon, once we have resolved the problem of irrigation.

I also ordered a sonic scrubber which claims to do a far better job on grout clean-up than conventional scrubbers. We have tons of grout in our bathrooms and kitchen, so Mick thought we might give the gadget a try.

Then it was time for me to go to Absolutely Salon and have a pedicure and a manicure. That is such a delightful luxury! And a necessity, too, for my nails have a tendency to ingrow, being round rather than flat across the nail, and growing to the side as well as upwards. Bethany, my new nail tech, keeps me well groomed.

I got home just in time for a bath. Mick had just planted some tulips in the front yard to enjoy next year, and says he will plant some more tomorrow and then again as he can find the time, until we have renewed our tulips all over the yard. Unfortunately tulips, unlike daffodils and jonquils, do not last or naturalize. Every three or four years, we have to replant the tulips if we want their glory to greet us in the spring.

After a very interesting Democracy Now show, where they showed a good bit of footage from the Blackwater hearing, I was off to choir practice, getting back just in time for the Gaia Meditation. Mick offered the ending prayer. We watched a brace of CSI programs, patted the kitties and bade each other good night at 11 PM.