Friday, July 18, 2008

2008-07-17

In a post-birthday haze of good feelings, after Morning Offering I once again worked on e-mail all day, finally getting to only ten people left to write by the end of the day. Ironically, I was not able to send any of these missives. Something is upscrod in my e-mail software. I can receive letters and I can use the internet. However, my letters won’t go out. These are the times when I miss Romi the very most! He’s in Czeska tending his mother after her hip replacement surgery. Hopefully when I reboot, the problem will go away.

Gary was at the L/L Research helm today, and Mick worked with his usual Thursday customers’ yards and gardens. He is having to do a deal of watering now, as the sun is baking the soil and we have not had rain since last weekend.

We especially enjoyed The Colbert Report tonight, with his signature good-natured tomfoolery half-masking the sharpest news report around shy of Democracy Now. And after the Gaia Meditation, at which I offered the closing prayer, we wound up the evening enjoying VH-1’s program featuring The Who and those who covered their songs. Quadrophenia is one of my favorite albums of all time, and Tommy is not very far behind. It was a great show honoring a fine group of musicians.