Saturday, July 12, 2008

2008-07-11

After Morning Offering, Gary and Mick went into the hot and sunshiny morning to power through their biggest day of the week for Jim’s Lawn Service. They finished around 2 p.m. and then Gary spent his afternoon cooking up a salmon loaf and cauliflower in mustard sauce while Mick did the weekly maintenance on his mowers and then finished his afternoon working for a customer on weeding her flower beds.

Meanwhile I spent my morning editing Gary’s letter to our Homecoming 2008 attendees. We are asking the attendees to send in their proposed topics for discussion. It was fun to work on Gary’s prose, as he has a great sense of humor and writes a very disarming letter indeed. Hopefully, all the attendees will have chosen their topics by mid-August so that I can prepare some Q’uotes for each topic we discuss.

In the afternoon I went back to my Inbox to continue to attempt to empty it. It does not help that everyone I write seems to write me back immediately! I heard from Julian D. that he was awarded a salutation for Ethical Hero of the Month for his work with the Alzheimer’s Association by http://www.ethicsstupid.com/. You go, big Jules!

The other highlight of the day’s e-mail work was a remarkable 18-minute talk by Jill Bolte Taylor which Gary sent me. She is a medical doctor who went through a stroke taking mental notes the whole time, and she gained amazing insights which can help us all to live the Law of One. I came away so inspired! The link for this very informative video is http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/. Then look for jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html.

At the end of the afternoon I had answered 8 letters and had 15 people left to write. I’m gaining on it!

Mick and I shared a beautiful date together before we came downstairs for dinner and the Gaia Meditation, at which he offered the closing prayer.