Thursday, March 27, 2008

2008-03-26

This was a quiet, hard-working day for us both, single-pointed and very happy. After Morning Offering Mick tackled a huge job in the morning and another wowzer in the afternoon, cutting trees, splitting logs for a customer’s firewood and hauling away one trailer load, then another, of storm debris.

Meanwhile I focused in on Chapter 12. The morning yielded nothing but failed attempts. However, a fresh start in the afternoon offered much better luck and I have the first two pages of the last chapter written! It is exciting to get going on that!

I also collected three recipes today, one for green beans amandine, one for a delicious-looking black bean dip and another for roasted garlic hummus. With those latter two to try, we shall be ready for Derby Day festivities, or, hopefully, for Elite Eight and Final Four parties! The Cardinals play again tomorrow night, late, in the Sweet Sixteen. Guess what Jim and I will be watching!!

I spent a bit of time showing Mick how to save my recipes. We recently updated Gary’s and Mick’s copies of my recipes database and now when I collect a recipe, I send it on to them both, so all our versions are the same. At least, that is the plan.

Mick offered the closing prayer at the Gaia Meditation tonight, giving thanks for the beautiful weather today and the delight of being alive to see the sun shine so brightly on My Old Kentucky Home.