Tuesday, March 18, 2008

2008-0-17

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Jim and I spent the morning at the medical center, where I had the heart catheterization test which was scheduled. The results indicate that my heart is completely normal! This is super news! The only remaining question is where are all these symptoms, which have kept me immobilized since October of last year, coming from?

I feel most fortunate that, whatever the answer to that question is, it is not my heart or vascular system, since those are, in my family, the cause of death for every one of my relatives who have gone on before me. Thank you, Lord!

And I also feel most fortunate because even if I need to cultivate stillness and lack of movement in my life from now on, I can still go right ahead with my work, since I do that in my office recliner with Jenny Traveller on my lap, typing away.

Jim got me all settled in for the rest of the day on the couch, since I had instructions not to climb stairs for 48 hours while the holes they’d made in my artery and vein in my groin healed closed. He then surprised me by settling in with me.

We watched a delightful movie called Random Hearts, co-starring Kristin Scott Thomas and Harrison Ford. I just loved this film, although it was an odd romance, taking place after the death of his wife and her husband, whom they discover were having an affair. Both of them have been played false, and now both of them have lost their spouses. It seems an unlikely spot for romance to bloom. Yet it does, and believably. I give both of the stars full marks for creating complex, authentic characters which held my interest completely. And the sound track was beautiful!

I offered the prayer at the close of the Gaia Meditation tonight.