Wednesday, February 06, 2008


Mick and I awoke to heavy rains and sultry, 60-degree (F) temperatures and after Morning Offering, very early, we went to Jewish Hospital East for my ear tubes to be inserted. It took all morning, as the doctor was delayed by an emergency, but eventually they were inserted with no difficulty.

After lunch Jim headed right for Avalon, hauling the load there which he had been unable to take yesterday due to getting stuck. Meanwhile I got back to work on preparations for the upcoming Channeling Intensive, putting together my notes for Sessions 3 and 4 of the curriculum. Things are coming together well, and I believe I shall be ready in good time to welcome the participants Thursday evening and do my part during our four-day workshop.

Neil C. and Tom C. both arrived early in the afternoon. They will help Gary prepare for the weekend by cooking and help me by doing a cleaning chore that Mick usually handles. However he is receiving full-time work requests from his customers, with all this heavy weather bringing limbs and trees down all over Anchorage. So I will have them wash and replace my pretty heirloom dishes on their shelves – broken sets, mostly, but quite lovely things inherited from my mother’s side of the family.

Gary and I consulted for an hour or so this afternoon, late, organizing the next two days’ work of preparation and also dealing with several other matters. We got a whole lot done in just a jiffy. He and I went through all the site text for B4 together and I corrected text for all blurbs except one, which I completely rewrote.

We were expecting high winds and possible tornadoes again overnight so I was glad to see Mick return safely and batten down the house against the storms. In the event, though we lost power for a little while, we were lucky and escaped damage. And we got power back quite quickly! To our immediate south, there was terrific destruction and huge areas were out of power! We dodged the bullet again!! Praise the Lord!

Romi joined the crew for the evening and we enjoyed a good discussion. We offered the Gaia Meditation together, with Romi offering the ending prayer, and after supper together, watched an episode of House on TV.

After everyone had gone to bed, Mick and I came upstairs for a most romantic tryst and I went right from afterglow to sleep, a lovely feeling. Praise the Lord for all the blessings of this day!