Wednesday, January 16, 2008

2008-01-15

It’s Papa’s birthday, as well as Martin Luther King’s. Two fine men! Happy Birthday, Papa! And bless you in larger life, Martin!

It was cold and fair today, staying in the twenties all day. In the morning, after Morning Offering, and at the end of the work day, I worked on the section on the magical personality in Chapter 11 of 101, finishing it. In between I kept an appointment with a doctor who specializes in cosmetic eye surgery, as I have droopy eyelids that sometimes occlude my reading vision, especially if I am propped up reading at night, in bed. He sees the problem but says it is not bad enough to repair yet.

I figure that while it’s too bad about the droopy eyelids, at least that’s one less surgical procedure with which I have to deal.

I wrote Gary concerning my mug idea. It was engendered by my breaking both of our 20-oz mugs and being unable to find replacements. In noodling around on line I found a company that makes such mugs and sells them with one’s own logo, if desired. So Gary will research all that. Ian says he has the art ready to go on that, and just needs Gary’s info as to the format for the image.

Gary requested a blurb for the BBS Radio site. He says they have a new person who is straightening up and expanding their web information. I dug up the blurb I originally wrote for Romi, beefed it up a bit and sent it on to Gary.

Gary also wrote that Lorena L wishes to offer each participant in the upcoming Channeling Intensive a flower remedy – what a lovely gesture! I suggested to Gary that he note this in the schedule of the weekend.

Mick and I had a lovely bath and then welcomed Romi for a visit. We dined together and watched the sequel to Chinatown, The Two Jakes. What a fine performance by Jack Nicholson! He acts so silly in public appearances that one is liable to forget what a splendid actor he is. Mick offered the closing prayer at the Gaia Meditation.