Sunday, January 13, 2008

2008-01-12

I had just gone to sleep last night when I was – I thought – awakened by someone who had come in the front door and was shouting up the stairs to me. It was so real that after I woke up, I still thought someone was in the house. I went downstairs to see who it was, wondering why Mick had not intercepted the person, since he sleeps downstairs. Mick was not even in bed yet, as I had only been asleep for a couple of minutes. No, there was no one there.

The whole night went like that, with one increasingly uncomfortable and scary nightmare after another waking me up constantly. After the third wake-up, I went down and bunked in with Mick, and his presence helped cut down on the discomfort. However, I probably got no more than two or three hours of sleep all night.

In analyzing these dreams, I decided that my subconscious was telling me that I needed to take a close look at diet and eliminate some foods to which I may have grown allergic. I targeted alcohol, carbonated beverages and sugary items. I think I shall, for the most part, avoid these three foods and see if my daily wellness levels improve.

Because of the terrible night I found myself unable to concentrate enough to do creative work, much to my dismay. I dropped back and punted by reading through a large portion of the Brown Notebook material, in preparation for my talk in Laughlin.

In the afternoon I went up to Avalon with Mick, who had some limbs and logs which were too thick to chip-and-shred and were candidates for erosion control on our access road. It was a beautiful drive up and back and I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. It is such a treat to be within Avalon's loving energy!

After Mick and I bathed, we welcomed two new visitors to the meditation group, Allen and Robert. Allen had driven down from Cincinnati while Robert was out of Tucson on his way to Philadelphia. Romi also joined us and we had a good talk around the circle. We settled on a question concerning transformation. I look forward to reading it when I get the transcript to edit.

Romi offered the prayer at the Gaia Meditation tonight.