Friday, November 30, 2007

2007-11-29

This lovely, brisk day was spent entirely in preparations for Mick’s and my trip to Nebraska. After Morning offering Mick and Gary went off to do all of the rest of the week’s mowing, quite a marathon, which they did admirably, coming home rejoicing!

Meanwhile I got together a list of emergency numbers for Melissa and Gary – our hotel number, Mom McCarty’s number and numbers for the plumber, electrician and the local utility’s emergency line.

There were quite a few clothes ready to give to Goodwill, and I got them all counted and valued and in a box for Gary to take to them tomorrow.

Three letters of the snail-mail type will go to Nebraska with me, and I found envelopes and stamps and such for them.

Mick was home in time to help me pack my clothes and other traps for the trip. I think all is done now except the packing up of my computer and little printer, which will have to wait until just before we leave, so that I can write in my journals.

Mick offered the prayer at the Gaia Meditation tonight.