Friday, October 17, 2008

2008-10-16

What a difference a day makes! A cold front moved through overnight, giving us just a small spatter of rain but bringing the temperature down twenty degrees. Here come sweaters and socks, at last! After Morning Offering Mick set out on a big mowing day, cleaning up leaves and trimming up the place for his two largest customers and then working at St. Luke’s as long as he could before needing to quit for the day. He did not get to cutting down two 15’ firs that have died on campus as he had hoped, as it was just too full of a day otherwise.

I had trouble seeing all day, my eyes very swollen and sore, and the Interstitial Cystitis was kicking up as well, so things went slowly, although my spirits were joyful. I first dealt with Michele on the cover for 101, bringing Gary into the loop and asking him to help her with the high-resolution image of Don Quixote. Then I followed through with Ian’s suggestion that we be sure and get the image of the bar code from blitzprint as soon as possible, so Michele can add that to the cover herself and avoid their placing it in an unfortunate position on the cover.

I discovered that we had not yet assigned an ISBN number to 101, and took care of that. We have a long list of Bowker numbers which they kindly gave us some years ago. With this book, we have come close to using half of them. That’s satisfying!

Then I had some e-conversations with those who will write blurbs for 101, all on the subject of “When do you need this?” Now, people, I need this now!

Such doings, plus writing my journals and having some chapel time, took me to lunch. My afternoon was spent in editing our first channeling session of the new season. I liked it and enjoyed the feeling of starting our new “year” of public meetings.

It was good to have a bath with Mick and a quiet evening. I took lots of naps, inadvertently. Mick had to awaken me in the living room to announce bedtime. I offered the prayer at the close of the Gaia Meditation tonight.