Saturday, July 21, 2007

2007-07-20

Overnight storms cooled us off to a very pleasant day today. After Morning Offering, Jim and Gary set out to mow their bumper crop of Friday lawns – everyone seems to want their grass cut at the weekend – while I went to 21st Century Medicine for my last cranio-sacral treatment. The treatment went very well. I also received my last injections of the Anthroposophical homeopathic herbal sera. Dr. Johnson gave me three more injection treatments which Jim can give me monthly for the next three months.

I think it has been a very good effort on several levels. The treatments have helped balance my system. They have also signaled to my subconscious that my intent is to be healthier. And psychologically the dedication to keeping these appointments has made me experience the illusion of being in control, which has lessened tension in my mind.

I am also very glad the sessions are finished. No matter how attractive the drive to Indiana’s fair shore, the time lost to this effort blunts the beauty of the trips. I am glad to be able to get back to work an extra morning per week!

Jim was home by the time I rolled in from the doctor's. He spent the afternoon maintaining his equipment for the week while I worked again on Chapter 7. I did not write much new text but I tightened up and improved the start I had made in a way that pleased me.

Michele M wrote to say that she was now tackling the rest of the cover art for A Book of Days over this coming weekend! I am so glad she is following through. She also reported that our prayers seem to be working as far as her difficulties with her insurance company. They are now reviewing her case.

Jim and I spent our TGIF evening mostly napping! We came downstairs long enough to eat and offer the Gaia Meditation, with Gary praying at the end. Then we read for a while before coming upstairs for our bedtime kitty snuggle and said goodnight around 11:30.