Friday, March 09, 2007

2007-03-07 and 08

While the weather turned the corner and started springing into spring, I spent a couple of days mostly resting. I really hit a snag with drinking nothing but Boost. It would seem that for my gastro-intestinal tract, this is not a good idea. I finally capitulated at lunch today, and told Gary and Jim, “I give up. It is time for extreme measures.” Gary said, “You mean the hospital again?” I told him, “No, I mean White Castle cheeseburgers!” When my tummy is so unhappy that all seems hopeless, White Castle belly bombs always do the job for me. And so they did this time, clearing out enough gas to fly the Goodyear Blimp! However the remaining intestinal distress still laid me low, and I gratefully sought sleep for the remainder of the day. I am most grateful that sleep comes so easily right now, as a good rest almost always improves things.

I cannot figure out what is going on to cause me such gastric woe, but I am confident that it is not serious. A number of people who follow this Journal have written to ask after me, and I want to reassure everyone. Although I cannot say that I am well right now, I can definitely say that this is just another bobble in the continuum.

Some items were accomplished despite all! Gary B and I met again to work through some L/L matters. I managed to attend choir practice for the first time in weeks. Jim and I met with Gary W, the passive solar architect who is working on our house. He discovered that he had exceeded our budget by a couple of hundred THOUSAND dollars in designing the house. So it is back to the drawing board, to shrink the size of the place to what we can afford. I just hope we do not have to give up having a library and meditation space in the Avalon domicile.

I also finished my work writing on red-ray sexuality and began to work on red-ray survival, in Chapter Four of 101: The Choice. Little victories!

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day!