Thursday, February 22, 2007

2007-02-20

This day was a surprise! I had envisioned that I would need to spend the morning at the emergency room getting lab tests and EKGs done, and after Morning Offering, Jim and I did just that.

The surprise came when the doctors decided to hold me overnight for observation, as my heart tests came up hinky. So I enjoyed a quiet day at the hospital, being forcefully reminded of just how bad hospital food really is. I have far kinder words for the doctors, nurses and everyone at this place. They have taken good care of me.

Mick came back to the hospital at the end of the day and we enjoyed a game of Trivial Pursuit together before the Gaia Meditation. After we said good night, I went sound asleep, another surprise in a busy place like the hospital. Tomorrow, more tests.