Thursday, September 25, 2008

2008-09-24

Mick’s and my day began early since I was scheduled for an X-ray work-up of my neck and chest and then an MRI of the top few vertebrae of my spine at 6:30 a.m.! We got home at the usual time for our Morning Offering, enjoying the coolness and sunnyness of the morning and the light traffic. How we need rain, though! Grass is starting to burn all over this area.

After Morning Offering Mick set out on his gardening – no mowing today – for two of his customers. He is enjoying doing a complete refurbishing of these two yards. Both are owned by widows who lost their husbands in the last couple of years. And both widows are now beginning to take hold on their own and change things around a bit in their yards.

Mick also tells me that when he offered to express our thanks to our neighbors to the south, the L's, for their extension cord by giving their yard a free mow and trimming, Lee asked if Mick would instead begin mowing their yard as a steady job. So Mick will indeed mow their lawn for free, once, and see what kind of time it takes so he knows what to charge them, but then add the L’s as regular customers. On our little, block-long lane, Mick now mows every family's yard but one! The hold-out is a young family, the W’s, and they do their own mowing – so far!

I had yet another appointment with a doctor, this time my general practitioner, Dr. A., in the afternoon and when I returned from that, I put myself to bed for the rest of the day, continuing to feel quite poorly. Mick and I talked after our bath and decided that I should take tomorrow to rest and then hit it again on Friday. That felt right to me. I’ll spend the day storing up some vital energy and rosy humor!

Gary had a day off today, which he celebrated by completely cleaning out and scrubbing the “way-back” refrigerator. We have two fridges, a necessity when it comes time for L/L Gatherings, and the way-back fridge was the one that did not stay on during the power outage, since the L’s gift of an extension cord from their generator could power only one. So the way-back fridge was in pretty poor shape, although we got all the food moved and did not have spoilage. Now it is sparkling!

Mick offered the closing prayer at the Gaia Meditation tonight.