Saturday, August 16, 2008


My time for the Great Office Clean-Up is dwindling, and so after Morning Offering I switched from working with Papa’s Journals to catching up my scrapbook. It has been a couple of years since I preserved those mementos that are so dear to my ever-teenage heart, a napkin here, a ticket stub there and occasionally a photo.

That’s a problem for me, the photos. Since we went digital, I have no idea how to access my many photos. They are in the computer, but I have never figured out how to use photo paper and print them out. I must conquer that one day!

I enjoyed myself thoroughly going through all the good memories of this and that occasion and after spending the morning sorting the bits and pieces, I spent the afternoon writing some copy to go with them in the scrapbook, explaining what each relict is. Tomorrow, I cut, shape, layer and assemble.

I got an e-mail from the folks at FATE Magazine, with the interview I gave them at the 2008 International UFO Congress attached for me to proof and edit, but I could not open the attachment. I sent it off to our web guy with a plea for reformatting the document to one which my computer can read.

Meanwhile Mick and Gary hit the neighborhood with their mighty mowers, Thetis, Fielder and Susie, and danced and whirled with the lawn and garden devas of Anchorage, coming home triumphantly early before 2 p.m.!

Gary spent the rest of his working day doing the cooking for next week, including a recipe I cobbled together to use up the farm produce: 1 butternut squash, 2 summer squash, lots of garlic and some cherry tomatoes. Add some store-bought green beans to tie the other vegetables together, and some good herbs to give some complexity to the finished taste and voila! We’ve used up our produce, and what could be better for us than food grown on Avalon?

Mick finished his day by tilling, leveling and raking a customer’s yard, repairing the long area where her sewer-to-house line had been put in recently. He had to port 4 cartfuls of dirt, and came home glad indeed that he had done 95% of the dirt hauling by renting a Dingo. Moving dirt a shovel-full at a time is very heavy work! He sowed 50 pounds of grass seed and then spread 3 bales of hay to finish the job! And he’ll be back watering every day until the grass takes hold, for this dry, cool weather from Canada is still with us and bodes no rain at all for several days to come at least.

After our bath, Mick and I had a lovely date, praising the Creator and charging our Planet Earth batteries with the energy exchange. We came downstairs to a late dinner and watched episodes of Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis. Gary joined us for the Gaia Meditation, at which he offered the closing prayer.