Wednesday, August 13, 2008

2008-08-12

Enjoying another cool day, after Morning Offering I worked on the journals which I had slept too late to finish before I woke Mick for the day. In addition to the Camelot Journal and the Holly Journal, I had an entry to make in the Avalon Journal, and it took me the better part of the morning.

At lunch, Gary passed on to me a letter from George K, saying that he had been diagnosed with cancer. He wrote asking me about how to use this catalyst, knowing that I have dealt with serious illness all my life. So I took some time to muse with him about the gifts that limitations bring in their hands.

I also wrote Tiffani M to congratulate her on her marriage, which took place on August 8th. She and Ryan are now off for a month of honeymooning and traveling. I hope that they have a wonderful time! Tiff is a Board member and brings both youth and business savvy to our group.

The rest of my day was spent with Papa, reading his Journals and commenting on them in a letter I have started to him.

Mick was bedeviled by a major breakdown with Fielder, his big mower, and had to make an unplanned trip to Louisville Tractor to get poor Fielder seen to. In spite of this, my hero finished all his customers’ lawns and gardens and still had time to do a bit of planting here at Camelot, tucking some chrysanthemums into the Ruins Garden and some dianthus into the top tier of Wuthering Heights.

We enjoyed a particularly good conversation with Gary over dinner and he offered the closing prayer at the Gaia Meditation tonight.